The new Stewart Golf X9 Lithium Follow Remote Controlled Trolley is the latest generation of the multi-award winning X-Series from Stewart Golf. The X9 Follow takes
luxury to a new level, all the fantastic features of the standard X9 Remote with the added ability to be completely handsfree. Recognised as one of the worlds finest remote
controlled machines, the X-Series was originally launched in 2003 as the X1 Remote. As well as great fun to use on the golf course, the X-Series is a product that will help
your game by allowing you to walk the course unencumbered by your equipment. With the X9 Lithium, all you do is walk and enjoy your round.
Specifically designed as a remote controlled machine, the X9 Lithium from a low and central centre of gravity and 4 wheels. This balance is complimented by a world leading
electronics system which allows you to control the X9 Lithium from up to 50m away. How does it work? Two new red antennas hidden under each wheel arch create two zones;
a neutral zone and an active zone. When the handset is inside the neutral zone, the X9 Follow will remain stationary. As the handset enters the active zone, the X9 Follow will
automatically and independently alter the speed of each rear motor to match your pace and direction.
The Follow system
In addition to the bluetooth electronics system, there are two further antennas that power the X9 Follow. Mounted on each of the rear motors, the two antennas work together to
create two zones; a neutral zone and an active zone. When the handset is inside the neutral zone, the X9 Follow will remain stationary. As the handset enters the active zone, the
X9 Follow’s electronics system will automatically & independently alter the speed of each rear motor to keep its pace. When the golfer (and therefore the handset) come to a stop,
the X9 Follow will continue until the handset is back inside the neutral zone when it will also stop. The effect is that of digital elastic band, which stretches and contracts as you walk.
Practically the system is designed to be as user friendly as possible, so use is as simple as:
- Press the green ‘follow’ button and walk in front of the X9 Follow. The machine will fall in behind you and keep your walking pace.
- When you reach your ball & stop, the X9 Follow will also stop.
- Put the handset on the cradle, select your club and take your shot.
- Replace your club, put the handset back on your back pocket/belt and resume walking.
- The X9 Follow will again pick up your pace.
- If you stop for any reason (such as to let another player take a shot), the X9 Follow will stop behind you automatically.
- When you are ready, just start walking again and the X9 Follow will start again automatically.
When you are approaching the tee or finding your ball in the long grass you may want to switch your X9 Follow into remote mode so you can send it off in your desired direction. To switch
to remote mode all you have to do is press any of the directional buttons on the handset and full remote control functionality will be available. From up to 50m you can speed the machine up
and down, steer it left or right and stop it using either the orange ‘glide stop’ or red ’emergency stop’ buttons. If you prefer to have the machine in front of you sometimes, you have the option
of setting two ‘cruise control’ speeds to suit your walking pace. Once you are back in the Active Zone, you can switch back to Follow mode by pressing the green Follow button
In car parks or on paths, place the handset onto the cradle and set the trolley to travel at a constant speed by pressing either the forward button or one of the programmable cruise control buttons.
Using this method of steering over Remote or Follow will give you greater control over the trolley, ensuring you avoid any accidental collisions.
- Bluetooth Technology
- Rechargeable Lithium Handset
- Complete Remote Functionality
- Downhill Braking
- Integrated Stabiliser
- V3 Wheel Set (non-metallic)
- Quick release rear wheels
- Lithium Battery & Charger
- Towel Clip
- Scorecard Holder & Pencil Clip
- Three golf ball holders
- Four tee holders
- Unique serial number plaque
- Adjustable handset cradle
- Anti-rotation bag straps
- Quick release strap handles
- X9 Follow trolley Weight 14.1kg
- 18 hole lithium Battery Weight: 2.5kg
- Extended hole lithium Battery Weight: 4kg
- Warranty: 24 months